Silents in The Hills
- About the Event
- The Wiveliscombe Festival of Silent Cinema returns with Sjostrom's "Phantom Carriage", with live music by Jan Kopinski & Steve Iliffe (9th) & "Shooting Stars" (15th) Asquith’s directorial debut, an engaging story of a celebrity eternal triangle behind the scenes of a film studio. Tweet
- Event Type
- Photography/Film/New Media
- 01984 629114
- Booking Contact
- Barry Witherden01984 629114
- Opening Times
Sat 9th Sun 10th Mon 11th Tue 12th Wed 13th Thu 14th Fri 15th Sat 16th Sun 17th 19:00 - 22:30 Closed Closed Closed Closed Closed 19:00 - 22:30 Closed Closed
- Further Information
On 9th September we are showing Victor Sjostrom's "The Phantom Carriage", the film that influenced Bergman's "Seventh Seal". This screening will feature a specially-composed score played live by Jan Kopinski and Steve Iliffe, long-standing friends of the festival. On 15th September we present "Shooting Stars", the first film directed by Anthony Asquith, an engaging story of celebrity culture and an "eternal triangle" taking us behind the scenes of a film studio.
- Map Loading...
- Wiveliscombe Primary SchoolNorth StreetWiveliscombeTauntonSomersetTA4 2LA
- For Venue Information
- 01984 629114
- Disabled Access
- Disabled Access with Assistance (Step from car park to back of school.)
- Toilets with Disabled Facilities
- Not Specified
- Directions (By Car)
- From Taunton, on arriving in Wiveliscombe, turn right at traffic lights and proceed up Town Hill to The Square. Turn right at The White Hart and proceed along North Street, past Fire Station and Primary School is on left. Take left turn after the school and the car park is behind Tucker's Meadow.
- Small car park behind school or North Street Car Park.