- About the Event
- A modern approach to traditional upholstery, creating an individualistic and distinctive style to furniture that was previously sad and below its best. Upholstered footstools, small furniture and gift boxes. Tweet
- Event Type
- 01582 768066
- Opening Times
Sat 9th Sun 10th Mon 11th Tue 12th Wed 13th Thu 14th Fri 15th Sat 16th Sun 17th 10:00 - 17:00 10:00 - 17:00 10:00 - 17:00 10:00 - 17:00 10:00 - 17:00 10:00 - 17:00 10:00 - 17:00 10:00 - 17:00 10:00 - 17:00
- Further Information
I am totally addicted to upholstery.
It all began when I attended an upholstery course at West Dean College Chichester, held by the most talented, inspiring tutor who enhanced the character of his furniture through his beautiful, traditional upholstery work. Well, I was absolutely mesmerised with the artistry and craftsmanship of upholstery. So, several courses later and lots of practice I am enjoying upholstering the sparkle back into friends tired chairs and sofas, using traditional upholstery skills.
I have always been fascinated by the expression that furniture displays – of itself, through its form and materials and of us, through our choices of style, placement and use. Presently, I am exploring ways furniture, which looks sad and below its best, can be re-invigorated. Using traditional upholstery skills and modern designs, I am interested to create a distinctive quality and style, which develops the character of the furniture and welcomes it back into our households
- Map Loading...
- The Bear Inn (dining room)8-10 North StreetWiveliscombeTauntonSomersetTA4 2JY
- For Venue Information
- 01823 672627
- Disabled Access
- Limited Disabled Access (Two steps down to the dining room.)
- Toilets with Disabled Facilities
- Dogs Allowed
- Yes. Tea, coffee, drinks, food available in The Bear Inn.
- Directions (By Car)
- Along the B3227 to the lights in Wiveliscombe and turn right up Town Hill to The Square. Turn right along North Street and The Bear is on the right hand side.